07 November 2008

Put the lime in the coconut

I finally reached 11 weeks this week! We all remember the drama that I managed to get to 10 weeks, then had a rude awakening at the ultrasound that put me back to 9 weeks. Now I'm 11 - huzzah! I also had caffeine today, which is now rare for me, so I apologize for all the exalamation marks!

I have the beginnings of a stomach. I do not care for the term baby bump so I'm stuck with Marcel's very loving & sweet term ... the paunch. That of course leads to calling the baby Pancho Villa, which makes me laugh but doesn't seem to be catching on with others. Anyway, I'll post a picture when I manage to get one that doesn't make me look just chubby. Apparently this child does not want to be captured on camera. Oh my goodness, what if it's a Sasquatch?

The crying drought broke by the way. I promise not to turn this into a political venting blog (note to self: start a political venting blog) but watching Obama's acceptace speech in our boardroom with all my coworkers - it was 3pm Weds our time - in AUSTRALIA was a little too emotional for me. I got all teary-eyed but I wasn't the only one so it was okay. Once I got home, every little clip of his speech sent me to blubbering - if this doesn't clear up, it's going to be a very painful 4 to 8 years ahead for me and this president.

Here are the week 11 stats if you're keeping track:
Measuring from the crown of his head to his rump, your 4-centimetre fetus has all his parts, from tooth buds to toenails. Your baby is busy kicking and stretching; his movements are so fluid they look like water ballet. Fingers and toes have fully separated. Now the fetus's main task during the next six months will be to grow larger and stronger until it can survive on its own outside the womb.
It's the size of a lime, people ... A LIME!

No new complaints luckily. The crazy ladies on the pregnancy forums have posted a way to get rid of the evil taste in the back of my throat that is apparently normal in pregancy. I think anyone who has time to regularly post to forums is crazy for some reason but I hope garling baking powder helps. Still haven't told my work yet - it's been my goal for the last few days but it's been so busy and lots of drama so it never seemed like the right time. I don't want to just drop it in the middle of craziness or make my boss stop for some big announcement. Now she's gone for the day today so it will have to wait for next week, which will bring many new & exciting excuses not to tell. I am a wuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment