11 January 2010

Tuesday blah

I started off writing a list of what kind of mother I wanted to be in 2010 but the more I wrote, the douchier it sounded so I had to put a stop to it. Sometimes, brevity truly is the soul of wit (wee-ooo-wee-ooo, that douche alarm is starting up again) -  basically, I just want to cook new things & make sure the home is full of cookies & pies. I never want to keep Ben from enjoying anything just because I might look stupid (or fat from all the cookies & pies). I'm going to accept each & every one of his super slobbery kisses. And I want to encourage silliness, laughter, goofiness & reading. Yes, reading - it can't ALL be giggles.

Silly boy went swimming with us at a friend of a friend's house. He wasn't so sure about it at first but it grew on him and he had a great time. We're going to start going to a local pool on the weekends to keep it up. As soon as the ocean warms up a bit we'll try it out as well. The best thing is that next to Benny, I always look tanned. He is going to be very familiar with the world of sunblock and hats, I'm afraid.

We're redecorating our apartment soon. We've always treated it as an "in between" place. Why the quote marks? I don't know. Anyway, it was just a holding place until we either bought a place or moved back to America. But finally we've decided that we can't live with halfway style, it's driving us nuts. And by "we" & "us," I mean ME. I had a bit of a meltdown for a while and have decided to just make this place more like us NOW. I've started in the bedroom a bit but there's a lot of work to go and I am going to enjoy it - I love a good project for my feeble brain.

Okay, I had other things I wanted to include but I just can't remember what the hell it was. Obviously was incredibly important, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment